Every year, we host a 5K Walk/Run to raise money for scholarships and youth safety initiatives that Project Alex sponsors. 100% of the money we raise goes back into our community.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
7 a.m. registration 8 a.m. start (rain or shine)
Join us in running (or walking) through Medway at this family-friendly event!
This year Project Alex is purchasing three patrol bicycles for our Medway Police Department. We are very excited about this initiative. Imagine giving our local police officers the flexibility of patrolling our community in places that a car cannot go! We will donate 100% of the proceeds from this 5K toward this initiative and Project Alex will make up the difference!
About the race
Come join our 9th annual 5k Walk/Run to support youth safety and scholastics in Medway, Massachusetts!
- Well-marked course with mile markers
- 7 a.m. registration and bib pick-up
- Rain or shine!
- Refreshments and water served to runners
- Face painting
- Prizes for placing winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd male and female).
- KIDS RACES: Dash style races will be held for children ages 3-10. Distance will increase by age from “around the bases” on the field for the little ones, to “hundred yard dash” and “around the field” for the older kids. Finisher ribbons to all participants!
Child (14 and under): $5 with non-perishable food item.
Adult (15 and over): $25 pre-registration received before Sept. 1, 2017; After Sept. 1 and on race day $30.
Register online or download the following form.
About the course
Beginning at the Medway VFW on 123 Holliston St, the course is a USATF-certified (MA100021JK) with timed mile markers.